Saturday, February 27, 2010

Whew... we're back

We have been back since Tuesday. It was so good to see my sweet Ella Bean even though when we got home we just crashed. We have just been laying low around the house since then. As you know, I've had a little trouble with my left hand, but it continues to get stronger. In spite of that, it is very good to be home. So this week we have been taking it easy. My only problem is the weakness in my hand, mostly, fine motor skills are gone, and I have very little strength. in my fingers, and I still wear out easily. But, you know, there is literally a hole in my head now, so those seem minor for some reason. On the other hand, the one that works, Th surg. seems to have completely taken care of the epilepsy. Thank God. No really, "Thanks".

I was blessed to be surrounded by family while I was up there. So to All of you thank you so much. I think they got to see a whole new side of me. I'm not quite as reserved & politically correct as I usually am while under sedation or after surg. in general. So perhaps instead of "thanks I should say "sorry".
I know I provided endless stories. maybe we'll get to some of those later.

On the way home, we stopped at a McDonald's and a little girl sat next to me. It was hard enough for her mother not to stare, I felt bad for her. I don't think she'll ever eat another chicken nugget again. Maybe I did her a favor.

So the next step is Occupational Therapy. The surgeon says I should be able to get my hand back to the point that I can play guitar again. I'd say that's pretty good. It may take some time, but We'll get there.

So, that's the big news, here's the small stuff.
The hours after my post about BRG, and hours before I left for Cleveland, BRG decided I wasn't a good fit for them. So I'm back in the market. If you'd lift that up as well, that would be great.

Thanks guys,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment